This is the first of five craft tutorials about how to make a Christmas tree ornaments using items found in nature and around your house. All of these ornaments are kid friendly with only a little help needed from parents. Be sure that your child won't eat items that could be poisonous because some berries are poisonous.
Berry Twig Ornament
small twigs with berries
beads that will fit through twigs
1. Find twigs with small berries and cut off a few straight, thin stems. You may need to sand or cut down bumps to make it easier to thread beads. We used holly twigs.
2. Paint the berries. Allow paint to dry. Most berries will wither and turn black over time, and painting will ensure it will look beautiful through Christmas season.
3. Thread beads on top of the berries.
4. Tie a string at top of the twig to hold the beads and make a loop to hang on tree.
5. Due to the delicate nature of the berries, this ornament may not last past one season but it will be beautiful addition this Christmas. It will give you an excuse to make more next year.